Danielle Melican, Certified Nurse Midwife
Danielle received her nursing degree locally at Burlington Community College and later received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing degrees from George Washington University. She went on for advanced training at Shenandoah University where she earned an post-master degree in nurse midwifery. Danielle brings a varied experience in nurse midwifery, having worked in a local practice specializing in home births, and most recently caring for women in underserved communities both through a community health center and a busy hospital practice in Union County. She is also a certified breastfeeding counselor and the recipient of several awards for nursing excellence. We are pleased to have Danielle on our team at Delaware Valley OB/GYN / Princeton midwifery care.
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing: Burlington Community College
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: The George Washington University
- Master of Science in Nursing: The George Washington University
- Post-Master Certificate in Nurse Midwifery: Shenandoah University
- Certifications: Certified Nurse Midwife, Inpatient Obstetrical Nursing, Electronic Fetal Monitoring, Certified Breastfeeding Counselor
- Honors and Awards: The Mary Henkel Award for Graduate Excellence-Shenandoah University, The Daisy Award for Extraordinary Nurses-Trinitas Regional Medical Center, and The Spirt of Nursing Award-Burlington County College